Using the Contact Tag Import option, you can import both new and existing contacts from Infusionsoft to Maropost. For this import to work, the contacts must be tagged.
The complete setup consists of three simple steps:
- Create the integration in Maropost for Marketing.
- Create a Legacy Action Set in Infusionsoft.
- Create an Infusionsoft Campaign using an 'Add Tag' goal as the campaign trigger.
Setting Up the Contact Tag Import Integration
Perform the following steps to set up the integration to import the tagged contacts from Infusionsoft to Maropost:
- On the Connections page, in the Infusionsoft tab, click Add Settings.
- In the Integration Types dialog box, click Contact Tag Import.
- On the Get Contact Tags Settings dialog box, provide the configuration details for the integration, and then click Save.
You can select from or enter the details of the integrations as follows:
- Name – Enter a name for the integration settings.
- API URL – Enter the URL of your Infusionsoft account. For example, https://pd208.infusionsoft.com.
- API Key – Enter your Infusionsoft API key. To find this key, log into your Infusionsoft account and select Admin >> Settings >> Application, then scroll down to the API section.
- Integrate with list – Select the list to which you want to add the tagged contacts.
Your integration is now properly configured. Each time you tag a contact with those that you’ve selected in the Goal, Infusionsoft will automatically send the contact data over to Maropost.
Confirming Data Transfer
Infusionsoft transfers data in a scheduled batch process that has a built-in limit to the number of external calls it makes in a given time period.
To make sure that Infusionsoft has triggered the data transfer to Maropost through HTTP POST, check if the campaign has been executed:
- From the CRM menu, select the name of the tagged contact and then click the Campaigns tab.
- In the Recent Campaign History section, check if the Legacy Action Set has been executed.
- Tagged contacts successfully transferred to Maropost will appear in the Contact record under the 'Tags' section on the left-hand side of the screen.