Using the Contact Custom Fields option, you can import the custom field data from Infusionsoft into Maropost in real-time.
The Infusionsoft trigger for passing tagged contacts to Maropost doesn’t include custom field data. Furthermore, the trigger for passing custom field data doesn’t include tags. Therefore, you’ll need to create a separate integration for passing custom field values from Infusionsoft to Maropost.
The complete setup consists of two simple steps:
- Create the integration in Maropost.
- Create an Infusionsoft campaign.
Setting Up the Contact Custom Fields Integration
Perform the following steps to set up the integration to import the custom field data from Infusionsoft to Maropost:
- On the Connections page, in the Infusionsoft tab, click Add Settings.
- In the Integration Types dialog box, click Contact Custom Fields.
- On the Contact Custom Field Settings dialog box, provide the configuration details for the integration, and then click Save.
You can select from or enter the details of the integrations as follows:
- Name – Enter the name of the integration,
- API URL – your Infusionsoft application URL
- API Key – API key as mentioned above.
- Integrate with list – Select the name of the list that you want to subscribe the added the contacts to.
- Field Mappings – Under the Field Mappings section, enter the name of the fields that you will be passing over from Infusionsoft. For each field, select the name of the custom field in your Maropost Contacts database.
- After you’ve saved your configuration, you’ll see the integration displayed in the list of integrations. Copy the full POST URL.
- Next, log into your Infusionsoft account.
- Under the Marketing menu, select Campaign Builder, and then click the Create a Campaign button. Enter a name for the campaign and click Save.
- From the Campaign Tools menu, drag and drop 'Goal' to the palette that will trigger this campaign (for example, Submits a Web Form). Enter a name for the Goal, and then click Save.
- From the Campaign Tools menu, drag and drop 'Sequence' to the palette. Double-click the Sequence widget to open the editor.
- From the Sequence menu, drag and drop 'Send HTTP POST' to the palette. Double-click the widget to open up the configuration screen.
- Paste the POST URL that you copied from the Maropost integration into the POST URL field. Then, click the Merge button to view a list of fields to add to your HTTP POST payload.
- In the Name fields, enter the name of the custom fields exactly as you did in the Maropost integration.
📋 Note: You must add the name/value pair for the email address, first name, and last name. You must always include the email address name/value pair because the email address is a required field in Maropost to identify contact records to be created or updated. The name of the field must be “Email” and the corresponding Infusionsoft field is "~Contact.Email~". If you want to include the contact’s first and last name, then you must use the field names as “FirstName” and “LastName”.
- Change your Sequence from 'Draft' to 'Ready' and click the Sequence title to go back. Finally, click Publish.
Now, Whenever you update a contact in your Infusionsoft email list, the contact and custom fields are automatically sent over to Maropost.