Maropost is supported by Zapier, which is an automation tool used to create connections between two apps. You can use Zapier to create multiple connections between Maropost and any of the other supported apps.
An integration between two apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of a Trigger and one or more Actions or Searches. Whenever the trigger event occurs in one app, Zapier automatically performs the action or search in the other app.
Creating an Integration (Zap)
This example will walk you through the process of creating an integration (known as a zap in Zapier) between HubSpot and Maropost. Once you have created and enabled the zap, whenever a new contact is added in HubSpot, the zap gets triggered and performs the action of adding the contact to your selected Maropost list.
Similarly, you can create zaps that get triggered on other events or perform other actions. For example, you can create a Contact tag in Maropost when a new contact is added in HubSpot following the same steps, except for selecting Add a Contact Tag to a Contact in the Action Event drop-down list.
Steps to follow:
- Log into your Zapier account and on the Dashboard, click the Create Zap button.
- Enter a name for your zap. Then, in the App Event field of the Trigger, search for and select: HubSpot.
- From the Trigger Event drop-down list, select: New Contact.
- From the Choose account drop-down list, select your HubSpot account. When you are creating your first zap using HubSpot, you’ll be required to add your account by clicking the Connect a new account button.
- Click the Test trigger button to check if the trigger works.
- In the App Event field for Action, search for and select: Maropost.
- From the Action Event drop-down list, select: Subscribe Contact to Multiple List.
- From the Choose account drop-down list, select your Maropost account. When you are creating your first zap using Maropost, you’ll need to add your account by clicking the Connect a new account button.
- In the Set up action step, you must map the following required fields:
- Email – The email address field of your HubSpot account.
- List Ids – The Maropost lists to which the new contact is to be subscribed.
- Click the Test action button to check the action.
- On the final page, you'll see the success message (as shown in the following screenshot), saying the zap is ready for use. Here, you can enable the zap by clicking the Turn Zap On button.